[wplug-board] Draft Agenda for Board Meeting, 3/8/2006

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 02:24:04 EST 2006

For the meeting Wednesday, I decided to take Vance K's order of
business and annotate it to provide an Agenda for the March 8th, 2006
Board Meeting. (He wrote it for membership meetings, but we can use
it, too.)

1. Reading and Approval of Minutes (of previous membership meeting)

The draft minutes are here:
http://wplug.org/pipermail/wplug-board/2006-March/000654.html

2. Reports of Officers, Boards, and Standing Committees
  2.1. Officers
       * Secretary's Report (membership totals)

       I will be providing WPLUG membership totals, and discussing
BusinessCalendar.org, the March membership meeting announcement and
other correspondence, and the destruction of the 11/2005 ballots.

       * Treasurer's Report

       Patrick, you will be providing this report, telling us the
shape of our relationship with the bank, and reporting on getting set
up with the PayPal account.

       * [Reports from other officers as needed]

       Patrick, you will be reporting on your attempts to contact Rob
Levin ("lilo") re: the IRC channel on FreeNode.

  2.2. Boards
       * [Secretary reports anything the Board has proposed for member
         action - if nothing, it may be worthwhile to give a brief
         rundown of Board activity]

       We should discuss preparations for the 3/11/2006 membership meeting.

  2.3. Standing Committees
       * Internet Committee

        This committee needs to report. Outstanding matters: a webpage
and email aliases for the Board, a place to post meeting minutes,
efforts to upgrade Penguin and install a wiki.

       * Program Committee

       Bill, Beth, does the committee have a report? You could report
on the VMWare talk slated for next month, and the matter of membership
behavior, including Vance's and others' input so far.

       * Investigating Committee

       No reports needed.

       * Newsletter Committee

       Bill, anything to report?

       * Public Relations Committee [assuming one is established]

        Not yet!

3. Reports of Special Committees
  * ErieLUG Revival Committee

   Chris, anything to report? Anything from Bill?

4. Special Orders
  * [Nominations go here for the nomination meeting, and elections
    for the election meeting]

  Nothing to do here. We typically won't.

5. Unfinished Business and General Orders
  5.1. Pending Questions
  5.2. Prior Unfinished Business
  5.3. Prior General Orders
  5.4. Current General Orders

  I don't believe that we have any outstanding orders to take up here.

6. New Business
  * [This is the free-for-all where anything new can be taken up]

We can take up anything new here.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>