[wplug-board] Board Meeting Agenda, 6/21/2006

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 13:04:56 EDT 2006

Agenda for WPLUG Board meeting, 6/21/2006

This is a stripped-down version. We'll still have minutes and reports
at the beginning of the meeting.

Bill's compilation first:

* Appoint PR committee
Who has expressed interest in this so far?

* Review/discuss Lance's proposal for Gmail-hosted email accounts
Here's his proposal:
---BEGIN
Resolved, That WPLUG purchase the domain name 'wplugger.org' and use
it in connection with the 'Gmail for your domain' service to provide
e-mail services to members.  The Internet Committee shall have power
to administer the service and shall assign accounts to WPLUG members
on a first-come, first-served basis.  Only current WPLUG members may
obtain or hold an account.
---END

* Report on continuing activities from last meeting
That's the feasibility study, I take it.

Some topics that came up at the GUM on June 10:
* Meeting space, at CMU and elsewhere
Judi was looking into meeting at a library, 6pm-8pm on a Wednesday
night. Also, Saturday, September 16th meeting. Has she given us any
reply?

* Moving Installfests to a quarterly schedule

* Bylaws amendment to address quorum matters
These ideas all came up:
*"Parking" membership to reduce quorum
*reducing quorum at membership meetings
*special non-voting membership option

These next two point may be more appropriate as instructions to our
new PR committee:
* Arrange for special bigger meetings to attract more people.
* Appeal to sci-fi events.

Let me know what you think.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>