[wplug-board] update on PO Box

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jul 31 11:34:45 EDT 2006

Just sending this out because we talked about the need to keep the board
informed on what's going on.

Stopped by to fill out the paper work for the PO Box today, it's
remarkably backwards and complicated.  Anyway, they need to verify that
I can receive mail at my mailing address, which is stupid considering
that I showed them my driver's license with my address on it.  One would
think this would be easy, they drop a postcard in the mail, I return
with it proving I can receive mail there.

See, this is where it shows the post office is still part of the
government.  Apparently they need to pass a request to my letter carrier
for verification.  Not the other post office.  My personal letter
carrier.  I didn't even know I had the same letter carrier all the time.
Anyway, this can take up to four days, so they told me to come back on
Friday and get the final information then.

Yay for bueracracy!

--Patrick