[wplug-board] membership information

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 18:14:52 EDT 2006

On 7/28/06, Patrick Wagstrom <pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> So we had a check for $11.83 from Bill Powell for postage and two years
> dues, I cashed it, but then it dawned on me, what do we do if we raise
> dues?

You shouldn't have cashed that check yet. I haven't been able to talk
to Bill Powell. I couldn't write him yet, partly because I don't have
a return address for us. I don't even have a decent email address for
him!

And he's hasn't registered. The policy is, we do not take money from
potential members until they've registered.

Save $10.00 until I get ahold of him. He must know what membership
entails before we take his money. He had been asking about back dues,
which don't mean anything. I'll need to enlighten him. I don't want to
rip him off.

But if he agrees to become a member, he will be paid up for two years.
We received his letter months ago, so the old membership dues amount
still stands.

Tell me on what date you cashed his check. If he agrees to membership,
then that will become his effective date of membership. That way,
he'll be able to vote for the next Board if he becomes a member.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>