[wplug-board] Re: [wplug-members] Draft Minutes for WPLUG Board Meeting, 7/12/2006

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 14:46:37 EDT 2006

On 7/20/06, Patrick Wagstrom <pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> > It's vaguely relevant.  We've discussed (at previous board meetings) trying
> > to get "perks" for members.  Beth has been trying to get UG discounts for
> > things such as LISA.
[...]
> Okay, that makes sense.  If that's the case, then the reasoning behind
> it should be stated.  Rather than just saying that "2 people had signed
> up as of the board meeting for Bill's class".

I'll use your recommended language, Patrick, as a revision to the
first draft. However, Greg did sign up, so it would read like this:
---BEGIN
Bill Moran reported that as of the time of the meeting, two people had
signed up for his PHP class, one of which was signed up using the
WPLUG discount that was made available to members of WPLUG. The
discount announcement was made as part of continuing efforts to
provide additional value for WPLUG members.
---END

That includes the rationale for Bill's report, and allows us to refer
to this in the future if we were to consider similar benefits.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>