[wplug-board] Re: [wplug-members] Draft Minutes for WPLUG Board Meeting, 7/12/2006

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 20 11:45:08 EDT 2006

> It's vaguely relevant.  We've discussed (at previous board meetings) trying
> to get "perks" for members.  Beth has been trying to get UG discounts for
> things such as LISA.
>
> So, the fact that ProTech is offering training at a discount for WPLUG
> members is somewhat relevant to the discussion.  The number of WPLUGgers
> who actually take advantage of such things is also relevant.
>
> As discussed at the board meeting, it probably doesn't belong in the minutes.
> The final information (which I learned _after_ the board meeting) probably
> _is_ relevant, to allow to gauge success/interest.

Okay, that makes sense.  If that's the case, then the reasoning behind
it should be stated.  Rather than just saying that "2 people had signed
up as of the board meeting for Bill's class".

Something more like:

Bill Moran reported that as of the time of the meeting two people had
signed up for his PHP class, however neither one was signed up as a
using the WPLUG discount that was made available to members of WPLUG.
The discount announcement was made as part of continuing efforts to
provide additional value for WPLUG memebers.

Or something like that.  Otherwise it looks like you're talking about
something external to WPLUG which may have WPLUG folks attending.  It
seemed at first a little like:

Patrick Wagstrom reported that six people attended his barbecue last
week, none of which were WPLUG members -- despite his invitation for
them to attend.

--Patrick