[wplug-board] venue emergency

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Thu Jan 19 17:35:04 EST 2006

I'm meeting will Bill sometime tonight to discuss this problem.
Something like this draft will go out to the announce list tonight as well
as a more typical meeting announcement.

Subject: DRAFT: ATTENTION - CHANGE OF VENUE - WPLUG will be in NSH 1507 for the
     last time on January 21, 2006

Hello,

Please read this letter carefully as it effects the immediate fate of Western
PA Linux Users' Group.

WPLUG will meet in at Carnegie Mellon University Newell Simon Hall 1507 for the
last time on Saturday January 21, 2006. The meeting topic will be "Pearl the
Robot" and it will be from 10am to 2pm as usual. Your attendance is encouraged
and will be a great show of support.

At this moment there are no future meetings beyond Saturday January 21 on the
WPLUG events calendar because we do not have a confirmed venue. We will are
working hard to find alternate space on Carnegie Mellon University campus
however we have no confirmations at this time. Failing
that, we will be searching for a permanent replacement venue in Allegheny
County. We are absolutely dedicated to ensure that we have space to meet for
February and we will make meeting announcements as soon as space is found.

Despite the fact that Western PA Linux Users' Group has been great citizens, we
must vacate our regular meeting room of the past 5 years, Newell Simon Hall
1507. Altogether WPLUG has met on Carnegie Mellon campus for 8 years therefore
we are hopeful that we may be able to stay on campus but in a different room
and perhaps a different building.

If you are affiliated with Carnegie Mellon University in any way and you
support the concept of WPLUG meeting on campus, please email
bethlynn at cs.cmu.edu with the subject "WPLUG support" and state your
affiliation.

If you know of a venue where an educational not-for-profit non 501c(3) would be
permitted to meet for free or at marginal cost, please email
wplug-plan at wplug.org with the details.

Thank you very much for your time and attention. We will update you via this
list, wplug-announce at wplug.org once we have more information.

Sincerely,

Beth Lynn Eicher
Western PA Linux Users' Group