[wplug-board] WPLUG's legal status

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 17 10:37:54 EST 2006

> Does FreeNode prefer certain types of organizations? Would legal
> status be a deciding factor in whether they will reserve #wplug for
> us?

I'm not sure whether that affects us or not. I submitted the form as an
"informal group" today.

> > I don't know.  Could we get a PO box, perhaps?
>
> I'm all for getting a PO box! I thought briefly that we could use the
> mailing address for the election last year, but that turned out to be
> a home address. Can't really do that.

> What would the expense be for renting a PO box for a year? What would
> it be for a phone number?

I'll look into these.  The cheapest phone number solution is probably to
use a VOIP number that goes into a voicemailbox and gets emailed to
someone.  Asterisk can do this really cheap.  Actually, it's possible to
get a free phone number for VOIP, but only in Washington state area
codes.  Suckage.

--Patrick