[wplug-board] WPLUG Wiki is [somewhat] online

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Aug 21 16:04:35 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 15:57 -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> The Wiki is running ...
> http://wplug.ece.cmu.edu/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>
> Anyone know how to admin this friggin thing?  I can create an account, but
> only the default admin account exists as an admin at this time.  I want to
> get this thing structured and access limited as is appropriate.  Then I want
> to delete the default admin account so instead, the accounts for trusted
> people have administrative privs.
>
> There's other "stuff" that should probably be done, such as changing the
> logo to the WPLUG+penguin, etc ... but we are finally rolling with some
> purpose ...

Admin privileges are sort of a funny thing on Media-Wiki.  You can lock
some pages, but that's about the extent of admin privileges.  For most
settings you'll drop them in LocalSettings.php.  This is where you'll
want to set the $wgWhiteListEdit = true; to make sure that only logged
in users can edit the pages.

--Patrick