[wplug-board] Agenda for the WPLUG Board Meeting, 2006-08-16
eksortso at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 01:25:29 EDT 2006
Here's a draft agenda for tomorrow. We've got a hell of a lot to
cover, so if you've got a lengthy report, I beg of you, PLEASE submit
it in writing. I might be Secretary, but I ain't YER secretary! :)
Draft Agenda for WPLUG Board meeting, 8/16/2006:
1. Reading and Approval of Minutes
The revised version was posted to the wplug-board list
before the August 5th meeting date. See:
2. Reports of Officers, Boards, and Standing Committees
* Secretary's Report (membership totals)
As of midnight, WPLUG has 82 members.
The Board size prescribed in the bylaws is 7.
Thus, our membership meeting quorum is now 17.
The 45 charter members' dues lapse on September 22,
* Treasurer's Report
Patrick's report from the 8/5 meeting, with updates,
* [Reports from other officers as needed]
Do we have any?
* [Secretary reports anything the Board has proposed
for member action - if nothing, it may be worthwhile
to give a brief rundown of Board activity]
Let's use this time (now and in the future) to report
on the obligations that we set for ourselves at past
* Beth, Bill: Future meeting spaces. We got the
* Beth, Bill, Chris: LugRadio Live feasibility study.
Any new developments?
* Dave: Gmail-hosted email accounts. Regarding the
survey to the members. (Not sent yet, but I'll
* Beth, Patrick: Moving Installfest to a quarterly
schedule. Was this taken up by the Program Cmte in
* Patrick: Quorum issues. Did we ever get the swag
from Cafe Press? How about for next month?
* Patrick: Business cards. Have you located a good
printer? If so, what do we need to do?
* Patrick: FreeNode. Any new updates?
* Patrick, Beth: Ohio LinuxFest 2006. Word on the
caravan list? Word on enlisting Mike's aid?
2.3. Standing Committees
* Internet Committee
* Program Committee
* Investigating Committee
* Newsletter Committee
* Public Relations Committee
I will re-read the reports that were presented on 8/5,
unless there have been updates.
3. Reports of Special Committees
* ErieLUG Revival Committee
Ditto for ErieLUG Revival.
4. Special Orders
5. Unfinished Business and General Orders
5.1. Pending Questions
* Annual dues increase. We'll take this up again, since
the membership meeting brought up some good points.
We could set annual dues at $20, and recommend a fund
for worthy people who cannot afford the dues.
5.2. Prior Unfinished Business
5.3. Prior General Orders
5.4. Current General Orders
6. New Business
* Committee activity: What actions can we take to get them
to do stuff?
* Contact information for members: Patrick suggested a list
of criteria that we should have for all members: Name,
Email Address, Mailing Address, and Optional Phone Number.
Do we make this our policy? If so, how would we gather
this information from current members?
* Paying dues in advance: What should the limit be, if any,
on members paying to renew memberships well beyond a
* Membership lapsing: When and how do we alert members that
their dues are lapsing?
* Membership resignation: Shall we set a policy? Or shall
we let the membership set a special rule of order to allow
* New mailing address: How will we alert the membership?
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>
More information about the wplug-board