[wplug-board] Tomorrow's meeting agenda

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 10:00:41 EDT 2006

I want to send another announcement to the members, but we've been
disturbingly mum. Me too, since I should have put a call out for
committee reports.

The business meeting runs 10:30am-11:30am. That's certain. And I can
repeat Beth's description of the GUM's topic.

We need more, though:
* Patrick, have we got the swag in yet? If not, can we get an
effective substitute for the raffle?
* If we're having a raffle, how do we reward the members who show up
early? Give a free ticket to each member who shows up before 10:30am,
regardless of when the meeting actually starts?
* What precisely is our recommendation that the members will be voting
on? Is it just setting dues at $10? Or will the vote be on both that
and dropping the pizza coupon? My thought is, it's only the dues
amount, but the coupon thing is immediately tied to that.
* Also, will we allow our recommendation to be amended? Bill, you may
be called upon to decide on this. It may come up as a point of order,
and the membership might appeal and vote to reject a strict
interpretation and allow amendment.

On the last point, I asked the Robert's Rule forum what the proper way
to go should be. Here were their responses. I gave them a late
thank-you at the end.
http://www.robertsrules.com/cp/Scripts/ASP/forum/treplies.asp?message=45524

Bottom line: I can't write the agenda yet. Please give me the extra
information so that I can!

P.S. Beth, can you report for the Program Committee? And Chris, we
don't need an ErieLUG Revival report for the membership, but it would
be nice to have one. Are you up for that?

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>