[wplug-board] membership information

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 01:42:16 EDT 2006

Alright, I spoke with Bill Powell today over the phone. He's okay with
becoming a member, and I got his contact information and registered
him. (The email address we had for him originally was off by one
character, and it was an easy mistake to make.)

He's effectively paid up for two years, as of July 26th. But see below...

On 8/2/06, Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
[...]
> [...]

I just realized that we've been talking past each other, Bill! I
didn't know that you were talking about accepting dues for multiple
years. I was talking about not accepting dues until registration was
completed.

Unfortunately, I already told Bill Powell that he's paid up for two
years. Sorry about that. Can we make an exception in his case? I'll
make a case for it at the Board meeting if I have to.

Patrick, we'll either be taking his $10 now, or else we'll be
returning $5 of it back to him.

> Yeah.  The whole thing of "how much in advance can people pay" is still
> pretty ambiguous.  Should probably go on the agenda for the next board
> meeting.

I'll be sure to include that on the agenda. You're recommending that
membership dues may be paid only for one full year at a time. Could we
phrase it like this, below? That way, members would have to wait until
six months before their due date to pay dues again.
---BEGIN
As per the bylaws, the term of membership shall be one year; however,
members may not pay dues to extend their remaining membership term any
longer than eighteen months.
---END

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>