[wplug-board] Please review announcement Special Event: VMWare 4/29 10am-2pm NEW LOCATON=CMU Hamburg Hall 1000

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue Apr 25 00:18:43 EDT 2006

Hello,

Western PA Linux Users Group will be hosting a Special Event featuring
VMWare. It will be held on this Saturday April 29, 2006 from 10am to 2:00
pm  at Carnegie Mellon University, Hamburg Hall 100. This meeting is
free and open to the general public.

We ask that everyone RSVP. Over 80 people have already done so. Due to the
response, we had to switch the venue to Hamburg Hall 1000.

Please choose exactly one method of RSVP: A or B
A. Go to Vmware's website (http://www.vmware.com/vmug) and enroll for the
Pittsburgh event on April 29
OR
B. drop a simple email to rsvp at wplug.org and state that you are attending
the Vmware event
Do _not_ rsvp via both channels

PLEASE NOTE THE NEW LOCATION: Hamburg Hall 1000
Visit our Hamburg Hall directions page:
http://www.wplug.org/meetings/one-location?location_id=16
Please note that our phone number for this event is 412 268 6704
Make sure to print out the directions!

Topic: VMWare
Speaker: Bob Good
Host: (who was it again?)
CoHost: (again, who was it?)

ABSTRACT:
Quick Overview of what Virtualization is
Quick review of Products
Solutions
     * Securing the unsecured endpoints (ACE)
     * Server Consolidation and Containment
     * Test and Development
     * Business continuity
     * VDI
Futures of ESX 3.0 and VC 2.0

Schedule:
10:00 AM: Doors open - coffee, OJ and donuts served
11:00 AM: Presentation - VMWare
12:00 Noon: Pizza Lunch, sponsored by VMWare
1:00 PM: Social Hour
2:00 PM: Adjournment

See you there!

Beth Lynn Eicher
WPLUG Vice Chair

Upcoming Events...
GUM: Wednesday May 17 6:30pm-9pm Cryptography
Installfest: Saturday May 27 10am-5pm

For questions about this event or about WPLUG, please contact
info at wplug.org