[wplug-board] Input _REQUIRED_ - New fliers

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Apr 24 18:26:20 EDT 2006

On lun, 2006-04-24 at 09:12 -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> I finally made some time to go over the flier yesterday.
>
> I made most of the changes that Patrick suggested, and hopefully
> fixed all the typos.
>
> I really _NEED_ people to look this over and make any last-minute
> suggestions.  Important as well is that there are NO spelling or
> ugly grammatical errors - those would reflect very badly on us.
>
> http://www.potentialtech.com/wmoran/about.pdf

The presentation paragraph is a little confusing...suggestion:

Our meetings feature presentations by group members and outside speakers
on current topics and technologies such as Apache server, databases,
Voice over IP, and network security.  Each meeting covers a different
topic, see our web page at http://www.wplug.org/ for a schedule of
topics.

We also hold periodic installfests -- hands-on events that provides an
opportunity to socialize and help one another.  Users often bring their
home computers to get assistance setting up software, debug problems
with system configuration, or simply to share their system installation.
Installfests are normally held every other month.

On the email section...change the first typoed paragraph to:

Another way to participate in the WPLUG community is by using our
mailing lists.  There are several WPLUG mailing lists.

The most popular is wplug at wplug.org, which is used for general
discussion, help, and announcements.  If you're not sure where to start,
this is the mailing list for you.

The wplug-jobs at wplug.org list allows employers and employees in the Open
Source market to find each other.  This list is frequented by many
people looking for people skilled with Open Source tools.  [[Add
something about getting advice from other job seekers here]]

The wplug-market at wplug.org list is a great way to sell or give away used
computer equiptment and locate used equipment at a reasonable price.

Hope all this helps.

--Patrick