[wplug-board] WPLUG sign -- please look at this ASAP

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Apr 21 16:54:17 EDT 2006

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:46:02 -0400 (EDT)
chris at teodorski.com wrote:

> All,
>
> I went to FASTSIGNS today -- the company I had been working with for a
> WPLUG sign.  The woman I worked with bent over backwards to accomodate us
> -- and ultimately came up with the following:
>
> A 36"x24" PVC sign.  The top 15 inches will be our color logo, the bottom
> 21" will be dry-erase white board so that we can write the meeting topic
> on it.
>
> She was really willing to work with us price-wise -- unfortunately, she
> was only able to come down to (including tax) - $133.60 (which is less
> that 1/2 of the first quote).
>
> If I can get approval, deposit, and artwork (adobe illustrator format) to
> her by Monday morning -- she can have the sign to us by Thursday or Friday
> at the latest.
>
> So -- what does everyone think?

You've seen their stuff and the quality is good, correct?

Pros:
1 This will be REALLY nice to have.
2 We'll buy it once and should be able to use it for many years.
3 This will make WPLUG look more professional.
Cons:
a We're in the midst of a lot of concern about finances.  This is a bit of
  a stiff expendeture.
b We could buy a standard white board for a few bucks, print out a color
  version of the logo and glue it to the top half of the white board and
  have something similar for a lot less.

My specific questions are:
I) How much of a concern do we feel (a) is?
II) How much nicer would the FASTSIGNS sign be than (b)?
III) Should we add discussion about raising yearly dues to the next
     board agenda?
IV) Why do all TV reporters have the same hairdo?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies