[wplug-board] VMWare meeting

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 00:25:19 EST 2006

I'll respond to all three of Chris' messages at one time.

First thing: we can meet ASAP in the morning. I can be there. Do the
planning committee folks know about this?

Second, the next board meeting is slated for April 12th. If we want to
meet earlier, we could.

Now for the three big things that we need to discuss:

On 3/31/06, Chris Teodorski <chris at teodorski.com> wrote:
> The three big things I think we need to discuss are:
>
> 1. Accommodations - how many people do we expect -- VMWare sent our
> notification yesterday and so far they have had 16 register

Excuse my ignorance, but I'll have to enlighten myself on this. Did
they want an RSVP?

We should keep in close contact with the CMU folks who gave us the
room. If it's too small, they'll need to be told.

> 2. Feeding the Hungry -- do we want to do the pizza trolling for this
> meeting?  Or, do we want to present a more professional "feel"? (like
> asking VmWare to pony up for pizza)

Have they mentioned lunch at all? We could say, "We typically do
this..." then see what they think about that. I don't want to seem
unprofessional by hitting up our speaker for food!

> 3. Promotional Materials -- As we've said, there is a good chance this
> will be the first WPLUG experience for a number of these people, can we
> put together a packet of propaganda, who we are, live CD's, how to get
> on IRC, how to join the mailing lists, copies of the Open Pitt.

That's a great idea. We've got plenty of CDs, don't we? We could
include our business cards with the CDs. Perhaps we can assemble the
most recent Open Pitts into a booklet (something that's been in the
back of my mind).

This is perhaps a secondary consideration, though. However, we do need
to choose a PR committee. That's something we can get started on
tomorrow.

On another note: I'd like to get some language together, so we can
post something to BusinessCalendar.org.

> I think that's it -- I'm really hoping this will generate some real
> interest in WPLUG and hopefully Linux as well.
>
> Chris

Sure thing!

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>