[wplug-board] This saturday's GUM and board meeting

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Mon Nov 28 14:44:16 EST 2005

Hello,

Just a reminder...
The next regular Board meeting will be on December 3rd, 2005 at
1:30pm, which coincides with the GUM. The Board will meet after the
scheduled time for the Membership meeting, around 1pm.

As an FYI...
I have a plane to catch that afternoon therefore I can not stay any later
than 3:30pm.

Roughly, the agenda items I expect to talk about are as follows:
* Passing the penguin language.
(I plan to ceremoniously pass the beanbag penguin to Bill Moran during
announcements ~11am)
* Creation of a PR committee
* Signing of the bank account signature card. The bank asks that the
Chair, Vice Chair, and Treasurer sign the card and provide their social
security numbers. The bank also wants photo copies of our driver's license
In addition, I plan to bring the check book and the rest of the bank
statements.
* Discussion of a small fund set aside for meeting refreshments controlled
by the program committee. The reason why I want to do this is to avoid
single-point-of-failure issues. It is my prediction that the refreshment
fund will continue to be mostly self-replenishing. After doing this for a
couple years I have found that sometimes we lose a small amount of money
on a meeting (~ $10) but more often we gain a small amount of money
$10-$25 such that the gains more than make up for the occasional loss. I
would be in favor of language that caps the refreshment fund at $40 and
any overage would go back to the general treasury.

We need to send out a meeting announcement to the -announce list soon.
BTW Does anyone want to host/cohost?

Thanks,
Beth Lynn