[wplug-board] Money Dance

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 14 16:58:05 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 16:41 -0500, Chris Teodorski wrote:
> All,
>
> I know at a previous meeting Patrick mentioned a desire to use
> Moneydance (but lacked a WPLUG license).  I was thinking of making a
> donation of some form or another to WPLUG.  I was thinking maybe this
> would be an appropriate donation -- assuming the Moneydance folks would
> allow us to keep the license within the organization.   Patrick would
> this help you with managing and tracking funds?
>
> Chris

While it would help with managing the funds, mainly because I'm familiar
with MoneyDance and use it for my finances, I've started putting stuff
in jGnash - which is 100% open source.  Being as we're not doing
anything like loans, mortgages, credit cards, or what not, most of the
features of MoneyDance are overkill for what we need.

MoneyDance still rocks, and is the best finance program for Linux, but
it's more than we need right now.  I think at least.  It also depends on
what level of reporting and accounting people want to see right now.

--Patrick