[wplug-board] Outback Steakhouse

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 01:34:22 EST 2005

Here's a list of topics to cover for the meeting at Outback Steakhouse
on Wednesday, Dec. 14 at 6:30 PM. This is everything that I have
dogeared since the last meeting. Did I miss anything?

---
MINUTES
The draft minutes for 12/3/2005 are here:
http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug-board/2005-December/000547.html

Mark Dalrymple and I talked about what we could do to start logging
minutes on the website. That was last week. He must be a very busy
man.

OFFICERS' AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
* Chair
Bill, have you got anything?

* Vice-Chair
Beth, have you got anything?

* Secretary
I'm going to work on some sort of proposal to coordinate meeting
announcements with the Program Committee. I got nothing so far. But
I'd like to get official notice out soon enough. With the holidays, I
don't need to announce until at least December 24. But I do want to
give the members some time to ask them for notices to be included in
the meeting call, and with your permissions, I'll solicit them for
notices.

* Treasurer
Patrick, have you got anything? Your report would include the anything
the bank had to say about the account, as well as the initial state of
the Refreshment fund.

Also, you'd wanted to review and amend the language we debated last
time so that instead of only proportioning money out to the
committees, we could similarly reimburse them for their expenses,
which is how we've done it before. Have you got your amendments ready?
If so, can you post then to the -board list? We don't need to cover
that right away.

* Internet Committee
As part of the regular report, we should get a status report on the
state of penguin, which got cut off from the outside world for over
half a day when we had a water break near the server room at CMU. Beth
or Bill, have you got the latest word?

I also need to make a change regarding James O'Kane's status as a
provisional member of the committee. He was sure then, and I still
haven't heard from him on what his plans are. I'll have something
before the meeting.

* Program Committee
Beth, has events at wplug.org been created yet? This was the address that
people could send possible ideas for GUM topics etc. to, and would be
forwarded to the Program Committee and the Board.

Also: what's on tap for the next few months?

* Newsletter Committee
Bill, have you got anything? We need to make a change regarding Elwin
Green's status. What's the latest you've heard from Vance?

* ErieLUG Revival Committee
Chris, have you got anything? What's the state of the erielug.org domain?

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
* Fund disbursement/reimbursement
This is when we take up the disbursement/reimbursement language.

NEW BUSINESS
* Possible refinement to PR Committee language

Some debate and enlightenment on the -plan list led to Vance's
suggestion that the Vice-Chair be made an ex-officio member of the PR
Committee. Shall we amend our previous resolution, so we can recommend
a revised version of that proposed committee's charter?

* Anything else we can do

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>