[wplug-board] New bylaws proposed to the board 6/31/2005 6:30PM

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue Aug 30 12:35:14 EDT 2005

Hello,

The bylaws committee with be proposing a revised draft of the bylaws as
well as the proviso (special instructions deal with transition issues) to
the current WPLUG board Wednesday August 31 at 6:30PM. The place will be
John Harvard's in Monroeville. Venue details have been copied below.

The bylaws committee has worked very hard since December in order to
change the status of wplug into a member-run organization. In plain
English this means that those who register themselves as members and pay
dues will receive voting privileges after a 60 day waiting period. The
goal driving this change is to make this organization more democratic by
granting membership privileges to those who care about the direction of
wplug, rather than just board directors.

Evan -
We understand that due to geography you may be unable to attend.
Nonetheless, we wish to include you on this important decision if you want
to participate. Please let us know either way. A copy of the proposed
bylaws, minutes of this meeting, as well as an audio recording of the
meeting can be provided to you.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn Eicher