[wplug-board] IRC problem

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Nov 24 16:20:08 EST 2004

wplug at badgertronics.com (Mark Dalrymple) wrote:
> > $person has asked the board to consider allowing him to use the next
> > meeting as a forum to tell his side of the story
>
> /me considers
> it's a no-win for everyone.  Either $person loses face in public
> (which geeks in general don't want to happen) and turns the meeting
> into a complete and total downer, or folks feel sorry for him and say
> "let him stay" in which case we're stuck with him.  $person makes a
> half-decent first impression.  It's just the continuing behavio[u]r
> that's a problem.

This is my reason for saying we need to have some hard, presentable
evidence to hand regarding this.  i.e. Copies of emails sent to
Billings (or whoever) complaining, or IRC logs showing his behavio[u]r.

If he claims that "an arbitrary # of anonymous people support me", the
best response is, "we have X number of emails from real people who are
willing to tell us their names who say you should leave."

At least, that's my (strategic) thinking.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies