[wplug-board] IRC problem

jo2y at midnightlinux.com jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Wed Nov 24 14:26:54 EST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Beth Lynn wrote:
> $person has asked the board to consider allowing him to use the next meeting
> as a forum to tell his side of the story. Unless anyone feels differently, I
> will call $person before the next meeting and ask $person
> again not to show.

I don't have a problem with this if it's done in a wplug-style organized
fashion. However, I do have some concerns. Will it be a show of hands vote
or a ballot poll. What is considered a quorum? If such a vote is to take
place, it should be announced well in advance so that the membership can
make arrangements to show up or otherwise proxy vote if we allow such a
thing. I suspect he will rally his supporters.

If we don't do this, then he will move on with the notion that he is being
persecuted and that we're just a 'click' that doesn't like him.
If you've paraphrased him faithfully, he still sounds like he feels
entitled to everything in the world.

-james