[wplug-board] IRC problem

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Wed Nov 24 13:48:48 EST 2004

Hello,

$person appeared on the irc channel. I reminded $person of the ban. within
minutes, $person phoned me.

$person believes that he is popular in the IRC channel and at the meetings
I told $person that a vote was taken in the IRC channel and that no one
really wanted him there. $person insists that his problem is only with
Jonathan Billings and Bill Moran. I tried to explain to $person that
others have complained about his conduct at meetings and on the IRC
channel. The board had considered all of these complaints and came
to the decision that $person was not to show up at wplug meetings. $person
insists that he has anonymous parties who have contacted him privately to
say we are being "unfair" and that wplug is a dying group.

$person denies all threats and insists on taking a "vote" at the next
meeting as to wether or not he should be allowed on the irc channel and
the meetings. I begged $person not to embarrass himself by doing this
but he feels the need to confront everyone in person. As far as I can
tell, $person will not go away until everyone has told him to do so to his
face. I asked $person to not come and that I would call CMU police if
$person does show up. $person insists on his "right" to have an in person
forum to make it public so that everyone could see the tradgey of
$person's removal.

$person has asked the board to consider allowing him to use the next
meeting as a forum to tell his side of the story. Unless anyone feels
differently, I will call $person before the next meeting and ask $person
again not to show.

The writing is on the wall that December 4th is going to be ugly.
I will be hosting and Mark will be speaking. If it is possible, please
show up with your support.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn