[wplug-board] IRC problem

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Wed Dec 1 14:49:25 EST 2004

Hello,

It appears that 3/4 board members agree, there will be no meeting forum
for $person. I consider this decision by quorum. Anything to add, James?

To be absolutely clear, these are the issues at hand
1. $person made vague threat a fellow member who happens to be a CMU
employee.
2. $person wishes to have a confrontation at the next meeting
which creates a hostile situation on campus.

This is not a matter of choosing one person over the other. We are
protecting WPLUG's best interests. In order to keep Newel Simon Hall 1507
as a venue, we must continue to ask $person to leave.

The bottom line is that my name is on the room. This is my job is on the
line. We have already been far more democratic than necessary. If $person
shows up, I will tell $person to go away and call security if necessary.
If $person attempts to appeal to the class, $person will only be
embarrassing himself. The decision has been made by the board and that is
final.

Unless there are any new family emergencies, I still plan to host.
Jonathan Billings and Duncan Hutty will be co-hosts. Mark Dalrymple will
still talk about docbook. The regularly scheduled program will go on no
matter what! We will not let ourselves be bullied.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn

bcc: Bill, Jonathan, Duncan, and Vance
bcc-ed for your protection.