[wplug-board] GDB GUM on December 13th?

Evan DiBiase esd at cmu.edu
Wed Nov 12 19:58:11 EST 2003

On Nov 12, 2003, at 6:30 PM, James O'Kane wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Evan DiBiase wrote:
>> To be fair, he said GUM: "Some yurt guy on #wplug asked for a 'GUM
>> about gdb' (the GNU debugging tool for programmers)." I did think the
>> date was a bit off.
>
> You're right, I mainly saw the discussion on IRC. Humansky asked for a
> 'GUM on gdb' and Mark was offering to do something on the tutorial
> date.
> We could be pedantic about this, but we should just wait until Mark
> checks
> his mail and clarifies. Either way, we don't have a topic, so he can
> have
> whichever day he wants.

I agree that pedantry is bad and waiting for clarification is good. I
just wanted to clear my name ;-) For what it's worth, I'd be up for
either one, although I'd find the topic in general more suited to a
tutorial.

>> If it is the job of the chair, cool.
>
> I think it should be, this helps deligates the work. But it hasn't
> worked
> out so far. Possibly due to lack of clear definition of roles.
> (mmm...rolls.)

Yeah, it's true. The reason I insist on all this "process" at the
moment is that it seems like we have one body that has the ability to
do such process: the board. If there were other, smaller threads
spawned that could take care of GUMs, tutorials, installfests, and the
like, without having to call in the board for everything, that would
seem to me to be a good thing.

>>> I guess I should put into writing more explicitly what I envisioned
>>> event
>>> chairs should be responsible for, and submit it for comments.
>>
>> This would be excellent.
>
> Dude, party on!

Hair in mid-headbang,
Evan