[wplug-board] meeting stuff

wplug at badgertronics.com wplug at badgertronics.com
Tue Nov 4 15:48:58 EST 2003

Hey Gang,

One thing we've been having trouble with is running and planning of
meetings.  We had a "meeting chair" for awhile, but that didn't work
out well for a variety of reasons.  We've also had troube filling it.
I think the combining of the planning and the running is scaring folks
off.

I wouldn't mind having a "meeting emcee", someone to do the "welcome
to wplug.  here is our speaker.  PIZZA announcements.  OK, time to go
home, see you next month".

Someone who is a regular (like I think Dave Ostroske would be good for
this - even though he doesn't have time to do the organization end of
things if I recall correctly an email exchange from earlier) would be
a good choice.  We've had folks volunteer on -plan for presentations,
and that seems to have worked out adequately well for a couple of
recent meetings, so it's not absolutely necessary to have the two
roles combined.

Cheers,
++md