[wplug-board] Fwd: Help again.

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Tue May 20 09:10:38 EDT 2003

Hey Ed,

> Now I need to know when you
> have an installfest, do you use any kind of waiver for a person to
> sign who wants linux installed on a machine with windows already
> installed to protect wplug from any come back should there be any data
> lost from windows during the install?

We don't have any waiver for folks to sign.  Typically we ask folks
backup and defrag their disks coming to the installfest (although that
doesn't often happen - folks don't read the "Bring everything oyou
need to make your computer work" and expect us to have keyboards,
mice, monitors, network printers, cables..)

Generally we just ask the folks "you *have* backed up your data
right?  This could clobber your hard drive"  Luckily (?) a lot of
folks doing installs are doing it on older / junker equipment that can
be sacrificed.  (then again, finding 486 drivers for some oddball
network card can be a headache in and of itself :-)

Cheers,
++Mark Dalrymple, markd at badgertronics.com.
  http://badgertronics.com