[wplug-board] bylaws

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Sat Jan 11 19:27:46 EST 2003

Has anyone read the bylaws recently (see attachement)?
Parts of them don't make sense to me. Is this the most recent version?
If not, where is it?

In Article VIII, section 3, it says that the nominating committee will
consist of the chair, and two people appointed by the exec, and select a
few people by March 1st. From what I read in in Article V section 2, we
each have a 1 year term, and the people suggested by that committee get voted
on. In section 4 it talks about vacanies, but no where else does it talk
about the size of the exec. It says we are supposed to meet in the spring
which we are doing, but if the nominating people have until March 1, when
and a vote is some weeks after that, when do people take office?

If this isn't the most recent version, I think we might want to look over
this again.

-james