[wplug-board] Re: [wplug-web] Is this someone's idea of a joke?

Evan DiBiase evand at wplug.org
Sun Sep 8 17:12:50 EDT 2002

On Sunday, September 8, 2002, at 04:22  PM, Robert Dale wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Evan DiBiase wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, September 8, 2002, at 10:49  AM, Zach Paine wrote:
>>
>>> I've just fixed this, but this is definitely not a good thing.  Time
>>> examine some logs.
>>
>> Indeed. We had some news items and meeting info stuff that was...
>> odd... before, as well. I mentioned it in the IRC channel, but
>> should've posted to the list.
>>
> It would be nice to share the details of these events with atleast
> the people on admin.  I'm still in the dark as to what happened
> and why.

It appears as though someone gained unauthorized access to the wplug
administration code and made a few (apparently harmless) changes to
various sections.

Short-term, I suggest changing the administration password. Long-term,
I am convinced that we need to do a full rewrite of the existing code.
I'm going to start tackling this with PHP/MySQL unless someone can come
up with a convincing alternative (I do know Java now, so that might be
an option).

-Evan