[wplug-board] Spam talk canceled, plan B...

Beth Lynn bluekanary at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 14:10:39 EDT 2002

Hi,

I agree with Zach, I don't have as much time to
devote to preparing as the topic of NFS deserves.

I approached Dee who was supposed to do the talk
to remind her and try to give her an idea as to
what to expect. She said that she'd have to
postpone since she hasn't had time to prepare and
her car is to be in the shop on Saturday and she
doesn't do Saturday mornings anyhow.

We should have a plan B. Even if our plan B is
to say that this is a totally social meeting.
Something should be announced so that people
don't get disappointed when they arrive thinking
they have come to hear a spam talk. People where
rather upset when the RegEx talk was canceled due
to the speaker's illness.

My only concern is this doesn't turn into an install
fest or a "let's camp out at CMU all day" day.
Please announce this is not a bring your desktop in
type event.

I can be at WPLUG from 10am-2pm. Usually I don't
mind letting people camp out and socialize up to 3pm
but not when I have other things to do later on that
day.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn