[wplug-board] Windows Competition (fwd)

Evan DiBiase evand at wplug.org
Wed Jun 19 12:39:52 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, June 19, 2002, at 12:00  PM, James O'Kane wrote:

> I understand that we all have different reasons for using linux, but I
> hope this doesn't turn into a MS bashing event that give off a bad
> impression. And I just realized that this is -board and not -plan, so I
> probably didn't need to say that.

It's good to explicitly state that, though. I'm not sure how many have
seen the Apple "Switch" ad campaign stuff (http://www.apple.com/switch),
but that sort of tone is something I can envison NPLUG and WPLUG
partnering in.

It's a matter of, "This is why I like Linux/UNIX more than Windows,"
versus, "This is why I HATE MICRO$HAFT AND BILL GATES SUX0RS!"

-Evan