[wplug-board] Re: Schools

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Sun Jan 20 22:33:50 EST 2002

I am speaking for the lug in this case, so I want to make sure that I am
representing us correctly. 24 hours for comments before I send this.

-james

-----------------------

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, websol wrote:

> What level of expertise and commitment does this group have to
> participate in such a project? What additional outside assistance
> would be required?

Based on our bylaws, wplug exists to provide education and advocacy, so
that defines and limits what the lug is willing to do. In this case, that
will most likely entail offering materials such as informative
presentations and links that will help schools decide if linux is for
them or not.

The lug as a whole should not put itself into a contracted business
relationship, however this does not limit individual members from doing
consulting services as long as it is understood that they are acting in an
independant fashion.