[wplug-board] Chairs and Committees

Robert Dale rdale at wplug.org
Tue Jan 8 22:54:11 EST 2002

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Zach Paine wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 8, 2002, at 09:26 PM, Evan DiBiase wrote:
>
> > This brings up an interesting point -- I don't have time to see if it's
> > covered by the bylaws, but perhaps someone else can.
> >
> > Once we decide how appointments like this are to happen, I can code the
> > board voting system appropriately if required.
> >
> There doesn't appear to be anything in the bylaws other than stating
> that these positions must be filed by unanimous active affirmation.  It
> does not say anything about multiple people holding one position, or one
> person holding multiple positions.

I think it's well implied that there can be only one of each position.
And by the description of Vice-chair, i think it's obvious that vice-chair
and chair can not be held by the same person.

But, since these are not apparent to everyone, I move we ammend the bylaws
to explicitly state that there is a one-to-one mapping of
people-to-executive committee positions.

--
Robert Dale

wplug member since 1998