[wplug-board] Interim committee chairs

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Sun Jan 6 13:25:34 EST 2002

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 01:15:26PM -0500, James O'Kane wrote:
> I think it was rob who suggested we assign interim chairs for the
> committees that we suggested, and as things progress we can adjust as
> needed. This list is based on who is doing these activities currently.

This list looks pretty good.  Do we need to vote on something like this.
I think we probably should.  We should send out an email to wplug(-plan?)
asking for volunteers for the various committees.  Would it be
appropriate to setup mailing lists for some/all of the committees, or
should related traffic just go over plan?

> Computer Show Presence
> Chair: TBD
> Members:

I'd volunteer to work at the show.

> Installfest Planning
> Chair: Unsure, James or Beth?
> Members:

I'd be a member of this.

> General User Meeting Planning
> Chair: Unsure, James or Beth?
> Members:

Member

> DemoDay Planning
> Chair: TBD
> Members:

I would volunteer for either the Chair position or just to be a member.

> Treasurer
> Chair: Beth
> Members: are any needed?

I seem to remember Beth mentioning at the Board meeting that some bank
would allow a couple people to write checks for the same account.  Those
people would be members.

We also need a Chair and Vice-Chair.  How should we elect those
positions?

-Zach