[wplug-board] A Few Notes

Evan DiBiase edibiase at mac.com
Tue Nov 27 18:26:44 EST 2001

On Tuesday, November 27, 2001, at 06:14 PM, Robert Dale wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Evan DiBiase wrote:

>>> Put a fourth, default option in there, such as "not read".  Otherwise,
>>> the default option of "wait" is confusing because ones that have
>>> been actually set to wait and have not can't distinguinshed.
>>
>> I like this idea -- less confusing, more functional. Should "Wait" be
>> changed to something like "Mark as Read"? That would seem to eliminate
>> the problem altogether.
>
> That would be changing only the name, not the number of options.
> There are four possible options:
>
> 1. You have not done anything, not even read it.
> 2. You have read it.
> 3. You object to it.
> 4. You affirm to it.

Right; I wasn't as clear as I should have been. What I meant was to
adopt your idea for a "Not Read" option, and, in addition, change the
name of "Wait" to "Mark as Read", so the list of options would be, by
name:

1. Not Read
3. Object
4. Affirm

Additionally, the "Mark as Read" and "Not Read" options should go away
whenever one marks a proposal as read, I think, to be replaced with some
text above the drop-down box saying something like, "Proposal has been
read."

-Evan