[wplug-board] A Few Notes

Evan DiBiase edibiase at mac.com
Mon Nov 26 22:49:55 EST 2001

As I work to get some of the final kinks out of v1.0 ("Wuthering
Heights") of the Board Voting Stuff(tm), let me remind you all of a
"feature" that is kind of nonintuitive but makes sense when one thinks
about it.

Namely, for items that don't require active affirmation, you still need
to click "Wait" at some point during their sit in the pending items
queue if you want to register the fact that you wouldn't mind if the
proposal passed. This, I think, is the best way to deal with the bylaws,
which state that everyone has to see a proposal for it to pass without
assuming that just because you loaded up the entire list of proposals
for three seconds that you've "seen" my latest three-page rant about
ordering tacos at install-fests.

In other words, if you like a proposal that is to be passively affirmed,
but not enough to go ahead and click "Affirm", make sure you click
"Wait." You'll still have the ability to object or to more strongly
offer support later, but it will guarantee that, should you take no
other action, the proposal has a chance of passing.

-Evan