[wplug-board] board dinner

Evan DiBiase edibiase at mac.com
Wed Dec 19 06:00:57 EST 2001

On 12/19/01 12:43 AM, "James O'Kane" <jo2y at midnightlinux.com> wrote:

> Do you guys have enough time for an inperson meeting before the January
> GUM? We could go to dinner somewhere and brainstorm ideas. I would like to
> have something resembling a plan of activities for the next year. While we
> don't have to fill them in for the whole year, I would hope to have the
> following in writting at least a month before the event. For each event
> there are a few roles that we could delegate to various volunteers, but I
> think we need to be a little more organized in order for it to happen
> effectively. For example:

[snip]

I'm going to be away from this coming Saturday to the Saturday after that
(and maybe a bit longer), but I'd definitely like to get together to talk
about this stuff.

> I would also like to see us pick topics for the next 6-12 months. Even if
> they change as we get closer to those dates, having them well in advance
> can be helpful in attracting new regular members to meetings.

Agreed.

> On another topic. I am interested in putting together tutorials. My
> thoughts are we could have hand-on instructional sessions on the months
> opposite of the installfests. If we could agree on a topic that we think
> people would be interested in, I'll put the first one together. Since
> January is an installfest month, the first tutorial could be in
> February...

Another good idea. Helps out people who are interested in learning more
about a specific topic and also gives the group something extra to do in
non-installfest months.

-Evan