[wplug-board] board dinner

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Wed Dec 19 00:43:26 EST 2001

Do you guys have enough time for an inperson meeting before the January
GUM? We could go to dinner somewhere and brainstorm ideas. I would like to
have something resembling a plan of activities for the next year. While we
don't have to fill them in for the whole year, I would hope to have the
following in writting at least a month before the event. For each event
there are a few roles that we could delegate to various volunteers, but I
think we need to be a little more organized in order for it to happen
effectively. For example:

GUM:
Chair person: Introduces speakers, keeps people attentive/kicks out rude
people. Or in months without speakers, they search as a mediator for a
roundtable discussion on that month's chosen topic.

Refreshments: Food!

Advertisement: Make sure that announcements get posted everywhere they
should be. (This could possibly be a 6-12 month assignment instead of a
monthly one)

Installfest:
Similar roles as above.

I would also like to see us pick topics for the next 6-12 months. Even if
they change as we get closer to those dates, having them well in advance
can be helpful in attracting new regular members to meetings.

On another topic. I am interested in putting together tutorials. My
thoughts are we could have hand-on instructional sessions on the months
opposite of the installfests. If we could agree on a topic that we think
people would be interested in, I'll put the first one together. Since
January is an installfest month, the first tutorial could be in
February...

-james