[wplug-announce] OLF Conference coming Nov. 1-2, early bird discount expires soon

Vance Kochenderfer vance at happylemur.com
Sat Sep 21 16:28:13 EDT 2019

The OLF Conference in Columbus, Ohio is now just over a month away! Our event this year will be held on November 1 and 2 at the Hyatt Regency Columbus.

Early bird pricing ends on October 1, so you only have a short time to take advantage. OLF Institute professional training registration is now a great deal at $449.99, and our Supporter package gets you goodies over the base Enthusiast registration at $149.99. Both of these will increase by $50 on October 1 and another $50 at the door, so register today!

Enthusiast registration is available as "name your price" - we deeply appreciate those who choose to contribute funds through this registration, but you can still register and attend for free. You can register at the Enthusiast, Supporter, or OLF Institute Professional Pass levels at <https://www.showclix.com/event/olf-2019>.

You can get more details about our full-day OLF Institute professional training and a sample funding request for your employer at <https://ohiolinux.org/olfi-training-2019/>. This year's session topics are:

* Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Boot Camp
* AWS Cloud Platform, Cloud Formation and Terraform
* Kubernetes on Google Cloud
* Linux Containers Internals
* Linux Security Through Layers
* Using Ansible to Simplify Automation and Provisioning
* Web Application Security Testing

Questions about OLF Institute can be directed to <speakers at ohiolinux.org>.

We have also opened applications for Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions. Last year we ramped up the activity and interest in this part of the event, and want to keep that momentum going in 2019!

For those who are not familiar with them, a BoF is usually a less formal and more interactive session than your typical presentation. The idea is to get a group of people interested in the same topic into a room and let the magic happen.

See more details and a link to the application form at <https://ohiolinux.org/bof/>. We still plan to enable same-day BoF signups providing room is available, but pre-announcing will help us get the word out earlier and hopefully attract more people to your session!

Please contact <vance at ohiolinux.org> with any questions about BoFs.

Keep an eye on <https://ohiolinux.org/news/> for updates and announcements. We look forward to seeing you at this year's event!