[wplug-announce] October GUM: Software Freedom Day & board nominations

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Thu Oct 3 19:12:54 EDT 2013

Greetings, one and all! This month's WPLUG meeting will take place at the
Wilkins School Community Center on Saturday, October 12th. Check the
wiki page[1] for complete details and driving directions.

It's Software Freedom Day! ...belatedly! Yes, we know that it was officially
celebrated in September, but since our "goodies" didn't arrive on time, we
decided to hold off our Software Freedom Day event until October.

We'd like to do something a bit different for SFD this year. Instead of
holding free software talks for new users, we're opening the floor to
anyone who'd like to give a lightning presentation on their favorite free or
open source program. There's no need to prepare a speech or make
slides; just show us your program in 10-15 minutes.

We'll also hold nominations for the 2014 WPLUG Board of Directors during
our business meeting. Want to help WPLUG make a difference in the Linux
community? This could be your chance! More details about this will be sent
to the WPLUG-Members mailing list in a follow-up email.

--

*Justin Smith*

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius
to understand the simplicity."
-Dennis Ritchie

--------
[1] http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20131012