[wplug-announce] 2013 WPLUG Open Source Picnic

Justin Smith justin at js-wordsmith.com
Sun Jul 21 21:58:47 EDT 2013

What good is summer without some fun in the sun?

The Western PA Linux Users group invites you to come to our 12th annual
“Open Source” picnic on Saturday, August 10th. Join us for an afternoon of
frisbee, free food, and fellowship in scenic North Park. We’ve reserved a
handicapped-accessible pavilion right by the lake for the entire day,
although the general timetable for our event is from 1:00-6:00 p.m.

So what makes this an “open source” picnic? In the spirit of open source
collaboration, we invite everyone to pitch in to make the day a success.
I’ve already come up with a few ideas of my own. Are any of you brave
enough to try Go Ape’s treetop adventure course with me? If not, I may
explore the area and work on OpenStreetMap later in the day. If mapping
sounds boring, think about all the cool stuff you can find while doing it.
Heck, if I wasn’t working on OSM, I would never have found Go Ape right by
the tennis courts!

You can RSVP (follow the Eventbrite link), sign up to bring food, or propose
activities on the wiki page[1]. Let us know if you have any questions.

--
*Justin S. Smith*
Vice chair/secretary, WPLUG Board of Directors

/"Isn't it ironic that the proprietary software developers call us
communists? We are the ones who have provided for a free market, where
they allow only monopoly."/
-Richard Stallman

--------
[1] http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20130810