[wplug-announce] IMPORTANT! Location change for January 12th General User Meeting!

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Fri Jan 11 02:02:19 EST 2013

Due to an issue with our usual meeting venue at the Wilkins School
Community Center, we will not be able to meet there for the January 12th
General User Meeting.

This meeting has been moved to:

           IBM Pittsburgh
           11 Stanwix Street - 9th Floor
           Pittsburgh, PA  15222

Information about the new venue can be found here:
http://www.wplug.org/wiki/IBM_Pittsburgh.  Please read this information,
as you will need it to learn how to get into the building and access the
meeting room.

The meeting will still begin at 2:00pm.

We apologize for the short notice of this change, but we found out
literally less than 6 hours ago that the WSCC would not be able to
accommodate us on Saturday.

We understand that the Downtown location may not be ideal for some
people, but this was the only alternate meeting location we could find
on such short notice.  To help make up for this inconvenience, we will
be providing some food after the main portion of the meeting from
Mandarin Gourmet, and possibly Domino's if there is a demand for pizza.
While we eat, we will view the documentary "Revolution OS", an early
history of Linux and the Open Source and Free Software movements.  Aside
from the food and the documentary viewing, the agenda for the meeting
remains basically the same, and can be found here:

http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20130112

The facility at IBM provides wireless Internet access for guests.
However, if you wish to use wireless Internet access, you *must* RSVP
via the Eventbrite link in the meeting page above.  The meeting host
must register each guest wireless user in advance with a full name and a
valid e-mail address; on-site registration for wireless Internet access
will NOT be available.

--Pat.