[wplug-announce] Important: WPLUG Elections on Saturday, 10/31

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:39:04 EDT 2009

Hey Everybody,

First off, sorry for cross-posting this, but this is the one time I'll do it
this year.  The Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group (WPLUG) is electing
its board of directors this Saturday at the Wilkins School Community Center.

This is an important meeting.  While WPLUG's board will have some input into
the future course of the group, a lot of enthusiasm and initiative is
traditionally generated at this meeting.  And that means we really want you
to show up!  I'd go so far as to say this - if there's one WPLUG meeting you
make each year, let it be this one.  Details can be found at the link below.

http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20091031

Over the past year, WPLUG has found a new home at the Wilkins School
Community Center.  Its a really nice facility run by really nice people.
 When we first moved in, it didn't have wireless networking, so the WSCC let
us install a wireless network in the building.

And so, we have something we didn't have at the beginning of the year:
* We can schedule our meetings well in advance.
* No locked door that you need to call someone to be 'buzzed in'.
* We're not getting bumped from our reserved room, on short notice or
otherwise.

We've had some good speakers on a range of topics.  We've had a good showing
of volunteer effort on the project to get wireless installed in the WSCC.
 We haven't had some of the web and mailing list outages we've had in the
past.  So we've got that going for us.

On the other hand, we still need help getting speakers, adding more benefits
for members, automating more of the WPLUG infrastructure, and generally
keeping things running.

So please, join us this Saturday in Regent Square.  Set up some chairs, take
the time to vote for the candidates you like or get yourself elected.  We're
an organization that improves with every contribution from its constituents.
 Together, we're greater than the sum of our parts, not unlike certain
operating systems we like.

Thanks,

Mike Semcheski
WPLUG Chair