[wplug-announce] Linux InstallFest - Saturday, February 10, 2007 @ Carnegie Mellon

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 5 14:06:07 EST 2007

On Saturday, February 10th, 2007 from 10am to 3pm the Western
Pennsylvania Linux Users group will hold an Linux InstallFest on the
campus of Carnegie Mellon University, Newell Simon Hall, Room 3305.  The
event is free an open to the public and no reservation is required.  The
public is encouraged to come and go as their time permits.

Additional information can be found at:
http://wplug.ece.cmu.edu/wiki/index.php/Meeting-20070210

What is an InstallFest?

InstallFests are opportunities for members of the community to receive
assistance in installing Linux on their machines.  We provide space,
power, some food, and a nice network connection, you provide the
computer.  Together, we make the world a better place by helping you to
install Linux or other tricky applications.  If you're going to have
specific needs, we encourage you to sign up at the web page above so we
can try to prepare to help you out.

What if I'm not going to install anything?

InstallFests are also a great opportunity to meet other enthusiasts and
talk about technology.  We encourage you to show up as time permits.
Also, if you have nifty technology you'd like to show off, sign up and
bring it along, I'm sure that some people will find it interesting.

How can I help out?

Show up with your expertise.  Invite friends.  Sign up on the wiki to
help run the meeting.

What if I have other questions?

You can post them on the above wiki page or email me for more information.