[wplug-announce] Tutorial: System Administration 2/19/2005 10am-3pm CMU NSH 1507

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Thu Feb 17 19:51:39 EST 2005

Hello,

Western PA Linux Users Group will be hosting a free Linux System
Administration Tutorial. It will be held on this Saturday February 19th
2004 from 10am to 3pm  at Newell Simon Hall 1507. This meeting is FREE and
open to the general public.

Please visit our "Maps and Directions" page
http://www.wplug.org/pages/wplugmap/
Please note that our phone number is currently 412 268 7564
If you've never been here before make sure you print out the directions!

Speaker: Beth Lynn Eicher
Host: Mark Dalrymple
CoHosts: Bill Moran and David Ostroske

ABOUT THE TUTORIAL- LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
This tutorial will answer common questions that new and intermediate users
have about the Linux operating system.

TOPICS WE WILL COVER
* Disk partitions
* Working with media - cdrs and pen drives
* Boot loaders - grub and lilo
* Controlling services with init and chkconfig
* Managing a multiuser system
* Configuring X
* File sharing with NFS

SCHEDULE
* Doors will open at 10am to NSH 1507
* Coffee and Doughnut Hour 10am-11am in NSH 1507
* Linux System Administration tutorial part I 11am-Noon in NSH 1305
* Geeks Eating Pizza Noon-ish - 1pm in NSH 1507
($5 is suggested for pizza contribution)
* Linux System Administration tutorial part II 1pm-1:30pm in NSH 1507
* Bylaws Committee 1:30pm-3pm in NSH 1505
* General Socialization 1:30pm-3pm in NSH 1507

Please try to arrive by 11am since the talk is in around the corner
in 1305. Just in case, Evelyn Chao will greet latecomers and usher
them to 1305.

See you there!

Beth Lynn

Upcoming Schedule...