[wplug-announce] Events schedule

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri Apr 8 12:09:57 EDT 2005

Hello,

In order to work around room reservation conflicts and speakers schedules,
the following event have been scheduled as followed. Please read this very
carefully since some events were previously announced before these changes
were made.

We are committed to scheduling two meetings each month. Please observe
that we are no longer strictly adhering to the rule-of-thumb of meeting
the first and second Saturday. This flexibility allows us to work around
holidays, room reservation conflicts, other event conflicts, and personal
conflicts for speakers and organizers. Thank you for understanding.

General User Meeting : Saturday April 09, 2005 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
CMU Newell Simon Hall 1507.
Topic: Managing a Small Open Source Project
Speaker: Warren Dukes

Saturday April 23 - no event

Special Event : Saturday April 30, 2005 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
CMU Newell Simon Hall 1507.
Topic: "Flying Linux" - Joint meeting with PghSAGE
(http://www.pghsage.org)
Speaker: Dan V Klein of Usenix
Note the special time!

Installfest : Saturday May 21, 2005 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
CMU Newell Simon Hall 1507.
With demos and goodies from pcclub.com

General User Meeting : Saturday May 28, 2005 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
CMU Newell Simon Hall 1507.
Topic: Subversion (version control management, alternative to CVS)
Speaker: Mark Dalrymple

General User Meeting : Saturday June 04, 2005 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
CMU Newell Simon Hall 1507.
Topic: Myth TV
Speaker: Patrick Wagstrom

Special Event : Saturday June 11, 2005 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
CMU Newell Simon Hall 1507.
Topic: Popular Demand: Regular Expressions
Speaker: James O'Kane

General User Meeting : Saturday July 09, 2005 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
CMU Newell Simon Hall 1507.
Topic: TBD

Installfest : Saturday July 16, 2005 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
CMU Newell Simon Hall 1507.

More details can be found on our meetings website
http://www.wplug.org/meetings

Thanks,
Beth Lynn Eicher
WPLUG Chairperson