[wplug-announce] GUM: Apache and PHP : Sat 2/3/04: CMU Newell Simon 1507

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue Mar 30 00:01:11 EST 2004

Hello,

Next Saturday, April 3, 2004, WPLUG will be hosting a general users
meeting in Carnegie Mellon University's Newel-Simon Hall, room 1507
from 10am until 2pm. This meeting, as always, is open to the general
public.

A map of our location can be viewed here
http://www.wplug.org/image/map-color.png
A different map with
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~bethlynn/wplugmap/
The current phone number for our room is 412 268 7564

You've asked for it folks, you've got it!
An apache talk, with an added bonus php for all you web hackers out there

Topic: Apache with PHP
Speaker: Bill Moran of Potential Technologies
(http://www.potentialtech.com)
Hosted by Beth Lynn, Co-hosted by Jonathan Billings

Stuff the talk will cover:
This talk will cover techniques for setting up fairly complex web sites,
including dynamic pages. Special focus will be placed on deciding between
multiple schemes for the site (static pages, static generated pages, or
dynamic pages) Comparison will be made between two popular Open Source
database systems: MySQL and PostgreSQL. And the use of PHP for all these
tasks will be covered.

The schedule for the meeting will goes as follows...
10am - 11am Donuts and other goodies
~ 11am Pizza orders will be taken. ($5 is the suggested contribution)
11:15-12:30ish Apache/PHP Talk
12:30-1:30 Geeks eating pizza.
1:30-2:00 Member registration referendum
http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug-announce/2004-March/000125.html
1:30-2:00 General socialization.
2:00 Meeting is called to conclusion.

Hope To See You There,
Beth Lynn

WPLUG upcoming attractions...
April 17 Inflow Site Visit (not at cmu)
April 24 1st Ever Erie Installfest (not in Pittsburgh)
May 1 Linux Security Double Header - CMU NSH 1507
May 8 Installfest - CMU NSH 1507