[wplug-announce] IMPORTANT changes that MAY effect 1/10 Installfest

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri Jan 9 18:06:29 EST 2004

Hello,

Please read the following announcement carefully to avoid confusion.

There is a scheduled power outage for Newell Simon Hall only this
Saturday from 00:00-08:00. Since the contractors sometimes go over
their deadlines, this MAY effect the installfest which will take
place 10:00-17:00 on January 10th. The contractors also will close
"Roberts Drive" which is the roadway into campus by Hamburg Hall
is closed from Friday January 9 14:00 - Saturday January 10 10:00.

ASSUMING we have power in Newell Simon Hall at 09:30, we will meet
in Newell Simon 1507 as planned.

IF it is evident that Newell Simon Hall, in particular Newell Simon
Hall 1507, has no power at 09:30 we will gather in Wean 4623 instead.
The setup crew will be informed regarding which room to go to at 09:30.
As usual, the installfest will start at 10:00. We will remain in Wean
4623 for the entire meeting since it's too hard to move everyone.

IF the gate is closed to "Roberts Drive" when you arrive, you will
have to use Frew Street to get into campus.

Signs will be be posted at the following locations with our location
and phone number. Newell Simon 1st floor entrance, 3rd floor entrance,
all doors to Newell Simon 1507. Wean Hall 1st floor entrance, Wean Hall
4th floor entrances, Wean Hall 5th floor entrance, and the door of Wean
4623.

You may call before you leave home to inquire regarding our location
status anytime between 09:30-17:00.
The phone number for Newell Simon Hall 1507 is 412 268 7579
The phone number for Wean Hall 4623 is 412 268 8743

The map has been updated with directions as how to get into Wean
hall and get into campus from Frew.
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~bethlynn/wplugmap/

We are hopeful that be able to stay in Newell Simon on Saturday January
10th as well as many meetings to come since it is much nicer. Please
bear with us as we cope with the construction of the new building
continues.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn