[wplug-announce] Installfest Saturday January 10

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri Jan 2 22:38:34 EST 2004

This is a reminder that we will be holding the next WPLUG installfest
next week Saturday November 15. The installfest will NOT be on January 3rd
since this is somewhat of a holiday weekend.

The meeting will take place in Carnegie Mellon University's Newel Simon
Hall, room 1507 and will run from 10am until 5pm.  Show up earlier
rather than later to ensure that you can get help. If you need help
finding the place or need someone to open the door call 412 268 7579
or 8-7579 on a campus phone between 10am-5pm and someone will help you.
If you've never been here before, please check out the map
http://www.wplug.org/meetings/one-location?location_id=1
A different map and directions can be found here
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~bethlynn/wplugmap/

Installfests, as well as all WPLUG meetings, are open to the general
public. If you just want to see what Linux is about or you've been
a Linux guru for years, the WPLUG installfest is for you.

For those who don't know, the purpose of an installfest is to
facilitate new installations of Linux as well as troubleshoot, upgrade,
or generally provide help with an existing installations.  If you just
want to just show off your new hardware or some software goodies, that's
cool too. So bring your machine and have some fun!

As well as your machine, you will want to bring your monitor, network
cables, power cables, surge protector, mouse, keyboard, media, etc.
Don't worry, there will be a cart on hand to haul all of your stuff in.

For all those who may be interested, please contact Bill Moran to request
a free wplug name tag. You can have whatever you want on your name tag,
nickname, company name, email address, urls, WPLUG member since 1999,
"ask me about...", etc. Just so the content is 4 lines or less of text.
Name tags are for anyone who wants them but they aren't required. So
if you want a name tag, email Bill (wmoran at potentialtech.com) and he will
help you with that time permitting.

Installfests of course also need volunteers to help with the installs
and generally be available for questions.  So even if you don't feel like
bringing your own machine, come and help others out!

In particular, we need one or two folks who can volunteer to be a co-host.
The job of the co-host for an installfest is setup, cleanup, hanging signs,
answering the phone, general crowd management, etc. If interested, please
email bethlynn at wplug.org.

Pizza lunch will be served around noon for a donation of $5.
Don't make me stand up on a chair this time! PEEET-ZA!

Hope to see you there

Beth Lynn