[wplug-announce] Help Erie LUG

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue Apr 20 14:39:35 EDT 2004

Hello,

Erie LUG was once a dream
http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug/2003-December/008844.html

But now it is a reality
http://erie.wplug.org

Big thanks goes to long time wplug members Chris Teodorski and David
Ostroske in their efforts to organize North Western PA Linux users!

Erie LUG is having their first ever installfest this Saturday.
They have asked for our help since they've never done this before.

Here is a general idea of what they need stuff and installfest veterans.

First let's talk about stuff...

If you aren't going to make the trip with us, please consider giving
stuff anyhow just email me by Friday afternoon at bethlynn at wplug.org
and we will get it there.

This is what's needed:
1. blank media - floppies and cd'-r's
2. Media with Linux and Open Source stuff on it. They need to build a
library of software as well as stuff to give away at events. Anything you
want to burn would be appreciated.
3. power strips and extension cables, since there's never enough to go
around
4. cat-5 cables and nics
5. stationary - sharpies, duck tape, masking tape, poster board, etc.
6. tools - screw drivers and such
7. containers for all of the above

Now let's talk about installfest veterans...

They want people who are willing to lend a helping hand for those who've
never installed Linux before. This entails making the 2+ hour road trip
to Erie, PA to be there for the installfest this Saturday from 10am-5pm.
This is likely to consume 16+ hours so if you have other plans on Saturday
like watching the draft (http://www.nfl.com/draft) then this isn't for you.
If you plan on driving, please let me know. If you need a ride,
also let me know. Email me asap at bethlynn at wplug.org

Thanks for all your help in welcoming Erie LUG!

Thanks,
Beth Lynn